Closed Cell Spray Foam Insulation Replaces Rigid Board On Clemson’s Core Campus Project
Clemson University’s LEED Silver-Core Campus Center meets the highest standards regarding Green Building and Energy Efficient design. An elementary design feature is a state-of-the-art Building Envelope that provides a moisture and air infiltration barrier, as well as providing the required insulation value to exceed the current Energy Code.
Energy One America and Old North State Masonry suggested the closed-cell spray foam insulation alternative to the design team of Whiting-Turner and (name of architect) during the value engineering stage of the project. Spray foam insulation is becoming a preferred exterior air barrier, moisture barrier and insulation alternative to rigid board for numerous reasons.
Technically, Exterior Closed Cell Spray Foam Insulation:
- Fully integrates with all window, door and transitions flashing systems
- Forms a fully adhered seamless membrane that bridges and seals construction gaps and holes around penetrations
- Provides the highest R-value per unit thickness of any commercially available material
- Provides energy code required Air Barrier
- Provides an effective Water Barrier
- And a Moisture Vapor Retarder
Practically, Exterior Closed Cell Spray Foam Insulation:
- Can be applied in in one application which maximizes construction schedules
- Saves nearly 30% of the Cost of Rigid Foam and Air Barrier Systems
- Saves 50% of the Time of Rigid Foam and Air Barrier Systems
- Saves over 30% on future Energy Costs
- Reduces the HVAC Equipment Sizing Requirements
- Provides Insurance Savings (in most locations)
Energy One America is our country’s leading commercial and residential provider of building envelope and energy efficient building solutions. Energy One America has the largest team of fully trained installers that specializes in air barrier, spray foam insulation, crawl space insulation, and mold prevention.